Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Short-Lived Half n Half

I recently indulged in half and half and sweet and low for my coffee. I quickly discovered how good these two items were in my drink and have since then (the past 2-3 weeks) been craving and enjoying the fat filled extravaganza. Thismorning, I have given it up. I decided the huge amount of calories is not worth the gain. There are not many calories in a normal serving, however, who should be the one to decide what is normal??? So, now I am back to normal coffee with flavored sugar free creamer. Any hints on really good, calorie free coffee additives are greatly appreciated.

I also started with water again yesterday. I sat down and thought about how long it had been since I drank plain water. I only a few months ago gave up the habit and switched to diet Mountain Dew. It quickly became a habit. So, I gave it up. It was also costing too much at work. So, for lunch yesterday I had Water with a goal of much more today. I was surprised to see how much I liked water and I had forgotten.

Goals for today. Discover breakfast. Continue with water and coffee goals. Eat healthy lunch and supper. Cut out snacks (ie. Christmas Candy).

PS. Really cool treadmill installed!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. About the coffee....I have to admit that I have firmly refused in the past to give up my flavored coffee creamer! But, I need a different plan too, so I've decided that I'm going to switch to nonfat half and half (ok, so what the heck is it, if it's fat free and half and half at the same time? whatever!). I don't put sugar in my coffee if I have half and half, so it should be a good move....I guess!

    About the water....good plan! I recently bought a water bottle that keeps water cold, has a flip-down straw, etc. I hate the squirt kind! I'm drinking more water, just because I carry that water bottle with me wherever I go!

    Tell me what you're eating for breakfast (I need ideas!) and about your treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a Britta water filter today so I can finally drink more water. I think our house water tastes awful, and have always refused to drink it!

    I think drinking more water will make a big difference for all of us.

    ReplyDelete