Saturday, December 27, 2008

So let's get started...

I'd planned to wait until this evening to post, with a recap of the entire day, but I couldn't wait on this.  I ate a Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal and skim milk for breakfast (I like the almond/flaxseed kind - it's so good, high in protein, fiber, and so on), a salad for lunch with a dash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and THEN.... Ed wanted to take Shelby to the park, and grab something to eat along the way. Because I had my lunch at noon, and this all took place at 2PM or so, I was hungry again too of course. So after some online research, we decided that Taco Bell (yes, Taco Bell) was our best option. I ate a chicken burrito and a steak soft taco, both fresco style, for a grand total of 13 grams of fat and 490 calories. Ok, so I probably didn't need ALL of those calories, and my first reaction was NO I CAN'T EAT THAT, because I'll have to POST that...but I'm not on a diet, I'm trying to make better choices with what I eat, and eat less in the process. So I'm good until dinner, and I feel good about the fat/calories of my "second lunch." Besides, it could have been a turkey sandwich at Arby's, which sounds healthy on the surface, but the one I normally get has 708 calories and 29 grams of fat!!!!  YIKES!

One more thing - I just read somewhere (could have been my new running book?), that an afternoon snack should be renamed the "second lunch" because of the difference between snacking and eating a meal. Would I eat chips for a snack?  Of course. Would I eat chips as a "second lunch?"  Not a chance....

1 comment:

  1. OK, wrapping up the day with a decent dinner (I ate too much in terms of the cheesy potatoes, but I made them with half the butter and reduced fat sour cream...) and lots of steamed green beans. The slice of Buche de Noel I ate after dinner probably wasn't the best choice, but since the bread store only makes it during Christmas, I had to enjoy...it was wonderful, by the way! All in all not a terrible day, but obviously room for improvement.....

    ReplyDelete