Wednesday, January 21, 2009

No Eating Out, Day 3

Today is my 3rd day of not being allowed to eat out. The past two days were actually pretty easy. My husband was home from work, and Laura had no school, so we didn't really go anywhere. The snow yesterday helped with that of course.

So today was when I faced my first real "challenge". I decided that I must get out of the house today, since Laura's school was cancelled AGAIN. The mall is inside, and warm, and the roads are clear so we'll be heading there in a little bit, hopefully to put my GymBucks to good use at Gymboree. Normally a trip to the mall would include lunch at the food court, but that is out this time. We are saving our trip for after lunch so that Laura and I can eat at home. What a revelation! It's kind of annoying just waiting around to go to the mall, but we're in no big rush today.

I'm happy because obviously this will save me from a greasy meal with a too-large portion, plus some pop. I will be having some leftover chicken pot pie for lunch, which while not too healthy, is filling, has veggies in it, and is very yummy! Plus I'm saving myself about $10 by eating here. I weighed myself this morning and I'm down almost 2 pounds, although I'm not sure if I was just weighing myself at a good time or what. I will be curious if that weight stays the same for the next week. If not I'm okay with that, mostly because I'm so pleased that I'm taking this challenge so seriously.

I think I may try to extend my challenge to include next week as well, with going out to dinner next weekend as a reward. That will be 2 weeks with eating at home the entire time, a huge change for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment