Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Yesterday and today...

Not such a bad eating day yesterday, although I treated my family to dessert last night and probably ate too much right along with them! I did try to make a "healthy" dessert, if there really and truly is such a thing - I made apple turnovers using reduced-fat crecent rolls, apples, sugar and a dash of cinnamon - so maybe it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Anyway, I'm off to a good start today - I had a banana and milk for breakfast (by the way, bananas seem to work well for me in terms of eating them prior to a run - if I eat about 45 minutes or so before I run, I've got lots of energy and don't feel like I have rocks in my stomach!). But, as I mentioned in our other blog...lunch at Mi Casitas today could present a challenge in terms of healthy eating. I've got no idea what, if anything, would be considered "healthy" there, but I'm guessing something with chicken? I think I'll go with chicken enchiladas....and try not to eat so many chips that my stomach hurts?

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I "forgot" to update you all on this.... Apparently, I can't leave well enough alone. My lunch meeting got canceled, and instead of eating a healthy lunch, I talked Ed into taking me to Mi Casitas, because that's all I could think about. Good grief! I had chicken fajitas though, and couldn't eat more than a third of what they gave me. Probably because I pigged out on chips and salsa....sigh....

    ReplyDelete