Thursday, January 22, 2009

Peanut Butter Blues....

I'm finally back!  I've stopped the eating frenzy, and have successfully managed to make it through an entire day without eating the silverware and napkins along with my meals.  No hiding in the pantry (how embarrassing that I actually did this....), no staking out the low-fat Pringles, and no eating until I feel like I'm about to pop.  I'm attributing this temporary lapse to hormones....thank goodness I don't go through this every month though - I'd weigh 400 lbs....

Now I'm going to act like this never happened, and move on with my life. Speaking of which, I'm now back to the energy bar plan as a part of a healthy diet. I grabbed one out of the pantry today at lunch, and had it halfway unwrapped before....GASP.....OH NO.....I remembered the peanut butter recall. My favorite bar, a Clif Mojo Peanut Butter Pretzel bar, has been voluntarily recalled....along with all of the other varieties I happen to own and enjoy. So I'm not sure if a rat "went potty" in my bar, and technically the expiration dates, which by the way are referred to as "best enjoyed by..." or something along those lines as if I'm fooled by this language, are not among those that were recalled....but how can I?  Should I?  Will I?  No....I won't....I must take a break from these bars until further notice. 

So I had cereal for lunch....


No comments:

Post a Comment